If You’re Injured in an Accident, You Must Prove Negligence to Recover

Video Script Below

I’m Steve Kramer. I’m a Florida accident and injury lawyer. If you’ve been injured in an accident, in order to recover any money you’ve got to show that the other person was responsible and that’s why today’s topic is negligence. In order to recover money you’ve got to show that the other person was negligent. So the question is what is negligence? Negligence is the failure to act as a reasonable person would act in a similar situation. That sounds a little bit confusing but basically the question is did the other person act reasonably? And if they didn’t, then they’re probably negligent. And if you can show that, then you’ll recover. Now the question is how much after you’ve shown that they’re negligent. And the answer to that is the extent of your damages (meaning how much were you hurt), the other question was did you contribute anything? Were you comparatively negligent, meaning were you at fault in any way for the accident? And in Florida, we have what’s called a ‘pure comparative negligent standard’ which means that whatever amount you are comparatively negligent your recovery of money will be reduced by that amount. Now you can be 99% responsible and the other person is 1% responsible and you still recover. And that’s important. So negligence plays a big role in accident and injury cases. I’m telling you this because I deal with these cases all the time and if you’ve got a question about this or any other legal issue, call me anytime. That’s why we’re one firm for life. We handle any legal issue and I’m ready to talk anytime. Pick up the phone. Thanks for watching, I’m Steve Kramer.

Speak with an experienced Florida attorney at our firm today.
Call 855-Kramer-Now (855-572-6376).

Altamonte Springs Office
999 Douglas Avenue
Suite 3333
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
407.834.4847
Downtown Orlando Office
37 N. Orange Avenue
Suite 500b
Orlando, FL 32801
407.339.0269
CALL (407) 834-4847