How to Seek Visitation Modifications after an Orlando Divorce

Back To Divorce and Family Law Video Help Page

Back To Divorce and Family Law Video Help Page

Talking about methods of communication in the above video made me think about how important it is to communicate with children after a divorce to understand what is best for them,  even if that means making visitation modifications to your parenting plan.

By fostering better communication between you and your child, you will gain a deeper understanding about whether visitation modifications might need to be made. As time passes following divorce, the original parenting plan that both parents agreed upon (or the court ordered) may need to be changed because circumstances have changed, or because the prior parenting plan has failed.

Establishing a workable means of communicating with your ex-spouse is equally important. If you think you need to make visitation modifications for your child, the help of a family law and divorce lawyer can go a long way.

Speak with an experienced Florida attorney at our firm today.
Call 855-Kramer-Now (855-572-6376)

Provide proof for visitation modifications

The burden of proof is always on the person requesting visitation modifications. You must be able to show that there has been a significant change that warrants adjusting the amount of time the child spends with each parent.

Examples might include: a parent’s work schedule has changed; a parent wants to relocate; one parent is acting in an irresponsible manner; or the child has expressed a preference to spend more time with another parent. Always remember that whatever visitation arrangements you make should be best for your child’s well-being.

File a petition

In Florida, if you believe there is a valid reason to make changes, you need to file a Supplemental Petition to Modify Parenting Plan. Establishing a justifiable basis for modification can be quite complicated and will undergo rigorous review by the court to ensure any change is in the child’s best interest. To strengthen your position with the court, it is highly recommended that you seek the help of an experienced Florida family law attorney once you decide that visitation modifications are in order.

Get Help with Legal Issues Now! - Call 855-Kramer-Now (855-572-6376)
Back To Video Help Page

Altamonte Springs Office
999 Douglas Avenue
Suite 3333
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Downtown Orlando Office
37 N. Orange Avenue
Suite 500b
Orlando, FL 32801
CALL (407) 834-4847